The perfect venue for the Wings for Life World Run!
The event is located at the Chasséveld, Breda. You can gather at this place while enjoying some music, a snack and a drink or a live feed from the run. Your team has its own mark at the starting grid if you’re running in a team with more than 100 runners. You’ll have to move to the start area no later than 12:30.
The event area will be open during the event and will still be open upon returning after the race. There will be several food trucks and there will be a big screen to follow the event, both nationally and globally.
You can pick up your starters package at the Municipal Office, Claudius Prinsenlaan 10, 4811 DJ Breda. You can pick up your package by showing your conformation Email. This is also the last possibility for registration. The office is open at the following days and times:
Saturday May 6th: 12 AM till 6 AM
Sunday May 7th: 9 AM till noon
WHAT IS IN THE STARTERS PACKAGE
· Start number incl. registration
· Timing tag
· Official Puma running shirt (only for those who have registered before March, 1st)
The start of the event will take place at the Claudius Prinsenlaan. Start boxes are open from 11.30 AM. The route towards the start is marked by signs. The number on your starting number corresponds with the number of the start area. The warming up will start at 12.40 AM, so make sure you’re on time. The race begins at 1 PM and it’s up to you to stay in front of the Catcher Car as long as possible.
DURING THE RACE
Because of safety reasons and possible obstacles we strongly recommend to keep right as much as possible during the race.
There will be a care post every 4-5 kilometers. Thus, there will be water, Red Bull, Cola & bananas in order to provide you with new energy.
First aid will be near all day long at the start area and every care post. Always warn the emergencies in case you, or someone else, are suffering.
Your race will be over as soon the Catcher Car passes you. Those who won’t make it further then 4 kilometers are expected to walk back to the start area. Make sure you walk past the exit stop of the shuttle buses to receive your well-deserved medal. There are a variety of busses available for those who are running more than 4 kilometers. Make sure you’ll follow the track forward to the next bus and never go back.
WHEN WILL YOU GET CAUGHT?
Check it here with the goal calculator.
During the Wings for Life World Run, wheelchair participants can compete with runners. We will always try to meet the wishes of wheelchair participants. But due to the international character of this run, there are certain rules to obey. For example, handbikes are not allowed due to the speed they can easily reach. Because of that the safety of participants can not be guaranteed. Simplified: only a day-to-day wheelchair (with a small wheel as absorber). If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Until the first of March 2017: € 30,- including a professional running shirt
Online registration closes on May 4th 2017 at 11.00 AM. After that it's possible to registrate at city hall for € 35,- on:
May 6th - 00.00 pm to 06.00 pm
May 7th - 09:00 am to 00.00 pm
Your race will be over as soon the Catcher Car passes you. Those who won’t make it further then 4 kilometers are expected to walk back to the start area. Make sure you walk past the exit stop of the shuttle buses to receive your well-deserved medal. There are a variety of busses available for those who are running more than 4 kilometers. Make sure you’ll follow the trail track forward to the next bus and never go back.
Red Bull Netherlands
On May 7, 2017.
Breda has a reputation as one of the Netherlands' most hospitable cities, and its magnificent historic center was proclaimed the best in the country in 2009. Three years later, the city also won the prize for the country's best hospitality industry. On top of that, the rivers and forests surrounding Breda make it a very green environment. Basically, Breda has got what it takes to make the Wings for Life World Run an experience you'll never forget!
- Where can i stay the night in Breda? A good place is the van der Valk hotel in Breda (https://www.hotelprinceville.nl/), they happen to be a partner of the run! Besides that there are multiple places to stay all around the city.
- Where can i park? There’s a big parking lot on the Chasséveld. You can also park your car in the parkinglots in the close surroundings. Pay attention to your direction of approach: always via the Nassausingel
- Where can I leave my stuff? You can leave your belonings at the wardrobe in the dressingrooms (open from 10.30u). Charges are €2,-. You can also leave it in your car. It’s not allowed to leave your belonings in the dressingrooms.
- Is there entertainment on the side of the road? On the Chasseveld you can follow the race all day long. Our speaker Frans Jacobs will keep you updated about this international race! The catering will be open from dusk till dawn, so food won’t be a problem If you want to follow your friend/family all day long. On the go the contesters get a motivational music push from DJ school international, Sambaband Percussão and the leutband ‘Kzoutniewete’. They are stationed at the care posts on six places along the parkour. De Leutband is stationed at post 1, the DJ school international wil be stationed at the second, third, fourth and the fifth post and the sixth post will be the Sambaband.
- How will the schedule of the day look like?
Saturday May 6th
12:00 – 18:00 pick-up starter package in city hall + last possibility for registration
Sunday May 7th
09.00 – 12.00u pick-up starter package in city hall + last possibility for registration
10.30u Dressingrooms open
10.00u Event site becomes active (catering open)
12.00u Startingplaces open
12:45u General warming up
13:00u Worldwide start
13:30u start catcher car
16:30u – 18:00u wedstrijd national en international
- Can I shower on site? Unfortunately there’s no place to shower on site.
- Where can I see my friends running? On the big screen on the Chasseveld. Besides that, if they reach 25 km, you’ll see them passing by.