- Give the gift of running, of community and of giving, all in one Wings for Life World Run Voucher. As three gifts in one this is perfect for everyone: the runners in your life get motivated, your non-runner friends join you in the world’s biggest fun run, and you’re giving hope to thousands of people who live with spinal cord injury. This is win-win for everyone. Just like on race day, everyone is a winner. Sign your friends up for a location near you or in that one place they’ve always dreamed of running or visiting, and they’re good to go. Get your Wings for Life World Run voucher here.
- Motivate and celebrate all in one: print off a map of your runner’s favourite runs, personal best runs or wonderful race achievements of the year. On the map, add their finishing time and a motivational comment or how they felt finishing (who doesn’t share that sort of things on Facebook or Twitter?!), frame it all in a beautiful keepsake to drive them to keep running next year.
- Why not create a mixed tape – alright, a playlist – of your favourite runner’s favourite running songs. Track down songs that get them moving, songs that make them smile, songs that you have shared memories of. What about a collection of podcasts you know they’d love to listen to? Gifts don’t have to cost a fortune! The Wings for Life World Run team shared their go-to running songs, you could pick up some ideas from them, here.
- For colder climes, places the snow is about to set in any time now, anti-slip shoe grippers that you slide over the trainer is a perfect stocking filler or gift from the kids. They’re not super expensive, but they give the gift of running even on slippery days (and they remove the chance for another excuse!).
- For those with summer around the corner, hydration is going to get ever more important as the days heat up. There are some great hydration packs on the market that suit runners down to the ground, either as backpack or a vest. If you’re excited about them even though it’s winter where you are, you can get an insulating pipe to keep the tube from freezing over. Clever sticks, these hydration-pack designers.
And if you still have a bit of time before you have to hand over a gift, check out the Wings for Life shop, crammed with running gear to please every runner -- with all the proceeds going straight to the Wings for Life foundation to support their pursuit of the cure for spinal cord injury.